Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 9- PRIMEIRO BATISMO!!!

May 15, 2017
OLÁ!! I hope everyone had an amazing week and an awesome Mother's Day. This week was my companions last week here in Cristalina, she actually left me last night for Brasília. This week I will be in a trio with the other sisters in the house until next week when I get my new companion. On the mission when you go home you "die" so this whole week she kinda took it a little to heart because we spent a lot of time running errands for her.... One day we literally just walked around town aimlessly and ended up in this one part of town with the Elders watching the sunset. What is that all about?! The sunset was pretty though hahaha!! (Oh also I bought these awesome pineapple flip flops and I LOVE THEM.) Later that night we had a funeral for Sister Alves, we had a bunch of scriptures around the house that talked about death and then we sang a song and were all dressed in black and she was bawling by the end!  
Oh and guess what everyone! Our investigator, Marina (she is 13 and we have been teaching her for the past three weeks) got baptized yesterday after church!!! She was super nervous though and since I don't know Português very well I couldn't really say anything to comfort her. It was super cool to be apart of that moment of her life though. AHHH it was just soooo awesome!! After she got batized our district got fed lunch and it was a BBQ (it was like I was at Tucanos)!!! After that we all got to Skype our families and that was also really good and super weird to see everyone!

Here is a quick quote that I want to share with you all, "Do you want to be happy? Forget yourself and get lost in this great cause. Lend your efforts to helping people.... Stand higher, lift those with feeble knees, hold up the arms of those that hang down. Live the gospel of Jesus Christ." If there is one thing that I have learned here, it is that we need to help others. When we help others they will have joy, their family will have joy, and you will have joy. Try to help people in every way, big or small. I hope had a good week last week and has an even better this week. I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Menlove
Photos: 
-Me teaching a statue 
-Me and my pineapple flip flops
-Me and Sister Alves 
-Sunset 
-Me and Marina
-Baptism​









No comments:

Post a Comment