Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 6- First week in the field!

April 24, 2017
Oi!!!! Well I am proud to say that I made it through the first week in the field and it was not easy but I have learned sooooo much. I am in a city called Crystalline and it is such a cute little town. My companions name is Sister Alves and we have six people in our district, three Americans and three Brazilians. I don't really know how many investigators we have because I don't really know what is going on but I am pretty positive we have around eight? Our biggest concern right now is to help the members strengthen their testimonies, which I really like doing so we visit a lot of the members. Our ward can sometimes get up to 100 people so way different from back home. The first day was rough because I didn't understand anyone and when we got to our appartment it was a total wreck from the last Elders that lived there. We were up cleaning until 1 AM. -_- The next day I did a lot of sleeping and just kind of putting stuff away and blah blah blah. Oh so my companion and another sister here have been here for a while so they know the place and have investigators and all that. The first day we went and taught four people and when I say we I really mean Sister Alves! Everyone is super nice to me and try to teach me Português and oh my goodness, I LOVE THE MEMBERS. We have lunch with members everyday and they feed us so good and gee golly they are the best. There is a boy here named Alexandre and he is 17 years old who comes with us to help teach and he knows English really well so he is one of my favorite members. Anyways, we went to a less active members house and she gave me this tea stuff that was super good and now I drink it a lot. Then later that night we went to dinner with some members and ate a ton of pizza! On Friday we were supposed to meet with like five people but that didn't happen (I don't know why.... I am really confused here.) but instead of meeting with a bunch of people we kinda just walked around and invited people to church and talked with all the kids. The kids do not understand why I have no idea what they are saying so that is super funny but they love me anyways! LOL. There is one little girl here who is super crazy but when we were talking to her she just kept saying "Ela é muito legal!! Ela é muito legal!!" over and over again! Then she would would hug me and kiss my checks! (':  So I taught her how to say some words in English like 'dog' and 'cat' and she just ran around saying that too. When we were getting ready to leave she brought out her Book of Mormon and had me write her a note in English! She was so cute! At the end of the day we went to a members house and had some dinner (top roman) and listened to music and talked so that was a pretty chill day. On Saturdays, we teach English to whoever wants to learn it and so we went to the chapel and waited for people to show up but no one ever did... Instead we just played the piano for two hours. Taught a few people invited some people to church. Then that night we went somewhere super far away and it was dark and raining too. To say the least I thought I was going to die. When we got to the investigators house though we were all wet and freezing and oh man it was rough. Sunday was my favorite though because we went and picked up some investigators to come to church (there was probably about 40 people at church) and then after church we went and had lunch and watched the Cokeville Miracle movie (in Português) and I bawled! Then at like 5 we went out and invited more people to come to church. After that we went back to the members house again and listened to music and played with their puppy. (We spend a lot of time at this members house FYI) So this email was all over the place and I apologize for that but my mind is going like 500 mph. All in all, this week was pretty good but I have learned a ton and had a lot of fun too! I hope all of you guys are doing good. Have a good week, I love you all!!! (:
Love, Sister Menlove
P.S. I don't know how to send pictures and do not want to ask for help sooo maybe next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment