Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 1-I made it through!

March 15, 2017
First off let me just tell you have BEAUTIFUL it is here. It's beautiful, too bad we are stuck in the CTM though. On my first day I didn't have any companions so I was completely lost, mentally and physically.  This place isn't even that big sooo I don't know how that happend.... My companions (I am in a trio) Sister Francia and Sister Olayes, finally made it to the CTM at like 9:30 PM and I love them so much. They are from the Philippines and they were super excited to have an American companion! LOL! We get along really well and we all push each other to do better, I am super blessed.  The Portuguese is umm tough... But I have learned a ton in such a little amount of time! I have taught four lessons in Portuguese which is crazy to me.  Speaking Portuguese is a lot harded than understanding it for sure.  Guys the gift of tongues is real, and I am so thankful for it. FOOD. I eat way to much of it. I literally have bread every single meal - for breakfast I have a sandwich and then I have rolls for both Lunch and dinner. No worries though I go up and down three flights of stairs 500 times a day. No joke because we forget our meal cards or a book or something that makes us have to go back up the stairs and get it. It sucks. I do not like stairs. Our time to go outside and do Physical Actives is probably one of my favorite things but on the first day I got in trouble for playing basketball with the Elders!? So me being me I tried to be positive and shake it off and do something else (really though I was just super upset so I sat there).  After that time I started playing volleyball and guys I am pro and if you don't believe me just ask the Brazilians here. For some reason all the Brazilians that I play with think that I am super good at it! Also all my district played lightning and I beat them (7 Elders and 3 Sisters) soooo I am a baller too. Anyways I am running out of time and I didn't bring my journal so I can't remember much... I just want you all to know that I love you and I hope everything is well back at home.

Love, Sister Menlove

P.S. No pictures are allowed to be sent here in the CTM so you all have to wait six weeks for those. OH, and all the Brazilians LOVE LOVE LOVE that my name is Sister Menlove. I think it's hilarious. I love it here though and I probably won't be coming home for a while...


No comments:

Post a Comment