Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 12- Hoje é o dia noventa!

June 5, 2017
This week was not super eventful so sorryyyy! We had a lot of meetings fall through and people just did not want to listen to us. Instead we just tried to talk with people in the ward and less active members which was good. Our Zone Leaders came to check up on our 12 week training and while they were here we bought stuff too make hamburgers and stuff. Guys it was like an American hamburger BUT better!!! How is that even possible. Normally hamburgers here are super thin and boring but I cannot even think of the words to explain how good it was! We also had Stake Conference yesterday and we all had to wake up super early to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there, on a bus with our ward, but guess what. Our new investigator that we have only taught once came to it! Afterwards she told us that she wants to get baptized!! She is seriously amazing and she wants me to teach her English and in trade she will help me with Português! (': Anyways, that was pretty much my week.
But now I want to share with you this really good part from a talk. This talk was given at the MTC by Elder Cook and it is called "Qualifications For The Work". While I was reading it this part really stood out to me,


"Now someone might say, 'Well, Elder Cook, I would really like to have more faith.' How many of you would like more faith? (All raised their hands.) But how many of you, when you prayed this morning, prayed for more faith? (About twenty percent raised their hands.) That is interesting, isn't it? What happened to the other eighty percent? I guess the Lord would say, 'Do you really want more faith, or do you just say you do?' That's an iteresting question, isn't it? Because if you really want it, you've got to persist. You have to pray that the Lord will increase it for you every moment."
Now, remember, we need the Lord in every aspect of our lives. He will always be there for us and He will always be there to help us in times of need. I hope you all have an amazing week! I love you all!
Love, Sister Menlove
P.S. I don't have any pictures to send this week. Sorryyyy!


No comments:

Post a Comment