Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Week 5-Last week in the CTM!

April 12, 2017
Oi!! Família/Amigos today is my last P-day in the CTM!!! WAHOOO! And I am going out of this place with a bang, I have to speak in sacrament and teach RS... I think they are really out to get me here. Well actually Bishop just loves me a ton, because I am from Payson. Everytime we are talking and someone comes up to us he says, "Hey guess what? She is from Payson, Utah! How cool is that!?" It is so funny! Sunday should be fun though, also Sunday is Easter so even better!! 
Last week after emailing you all our district went with our instructor Irmã Sierra to go and get Açaí. That stuff is soooo amazing, it is like an ice cream type thing and you can mix things in it. Wow, it is good. On Saturday, we got to go Proselyting again and this time was much better than the last time we got to go. This time I could have conversations with people and actually understand them and answer questions they had. One of the ladies we talked to took a selfie with us, she was just the sweetest! We also handed out eight out of the nine books we had, got rejected a couple times, got rained on, and we got yelled at but since I didn't understand those words (because I only know gospel words..) I just smiled and said, "Bom Dia! Eu sei que Deus ama você!!" then walked away! (: On Sunday, we had a devotional and Elder Grahl of the 2nd quorum of the seventy talked to us and he talked about the importance of sharing your testimony. In 3 Nephi 7:16-17 it talks about how (we) need to preach bodly and without fear to the people and the Lord will help us. Share your testimony!!! Whenever possible because you never know how much it can affect someone. Also on Tuesday, we had another devotional and we just watched a broadcast from May 6, 2014 from Elder Holland at the Provo MTC, and IT WAS SUPER GOOD. If you can go and watch it some time, I strongly advise it. It really makes you think about everything in life and how you can be better. Today was probably the craziest though. So we get into the bus to go to the temple and it starts pouring, no big deal though because we are in a bus, right? Wrong! The bus started leaking everywhere!!! By the time we were to the temple we were wet and tierd.. Then at the temple we found out that since there were more English speakers in the session than Portuguese they had to make all the Portuguese speakers wear the headphones instead of all of us English speakers!!! That was very nice for us! Sorry if that made no sense but I am just typing as fast as I can. When we were driving back to the CTM me and Elder White (Elder in my district) were people watching and at one point he says, "Sister Menlove look, it's your future husband!!" so I look and we started joking about this random 40 year old guy in a bus next to us and then guess what he did. He stuck his finger up his nose, then pulled it out, looked at it, and then he ATE HIS BOOGER!!!! We almost died of laughter. Anyways that was my week! You all will not be hearing from me until the 24th because that is when my next P-day is. I hope you all have a good week! I LOVE YOU! 

Love, Sister Menlove 


No comments:

Post a Comment